Wednesday, October 20, 2010

California Judges Ruling - no "Don't ask, don't tell"

I am in complete agreement with Secretary Gates on this issue. The military needs more time to get Soldiers trained before we just jump into this...things like this can't be decided and then acted upon on a whim. This is new ground for the military and an historical event that has never been utilized in our militaries. Personally, it doesn't matter to me whether we have openly gay Soldiers in the military or not. I'm cognoscente to the changes of today and understand certain things will change in my life...this is one of them and my boss, the President, said this is one of the changes. I'm okay with that...but I don't speak for every Soldier out there. I'm an officer and I'm not deployed right now. Here's what I do believe is wrong with this situation.

The "don't ask, don't tell" policy was not created to protect the heterosexuals in the military - let's not forget that. That policy is there strictly to ENSURE THE SAFETY of the homosexual community in the military. My question to beg this California judge would be this: "Have you ever served in a branch of the United States military and, if so, ever deployed to a combat zone where it's a little harder to control the actions of Soldiers who are carrying assault weapons?". I believe this judge is acting blindly without conducting any research before making this activist ruling. To say it's unconstitutional is one thing, to enforce it on the citizens serving in the military without proper education & awareness is putting these citizens at risk.

When this policy is prematurely removed I fear the worst will happen in our military during a crucial time of conflict in countries abroad. Our Soldiers will turn against each other and the focus on fighting will be with each other, not the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment