Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My boy and Halloween

My wife says the story better than I do...

So, to hype my boy up for Halloween my wife and I are telling him made-up, light stories of monsters and the boogie man while we're hanging plastic ghosts on the plants in our front yard. My wife tells him that she's a Werewolf and will turn into one on Halloween - he doesn't show much discern. A little later when she and him are making ghoul garland for the banister to our stairs she tells him that daddy is a Vampire and will turn into one during Halloween and says that "Thank goodness he won't be here so we won't be get bitten by him and turn into a Vampire, too!"...again, he shows no discern. So, after the garland is finished it's time for him to go to bed. He goes upstairs, brushes his teeth and climbs into bed. As 'mommy' is putting him to bed he looks up at her and says in so many words, "So, when I grow up will I be a Werewolf like you or a Vampire like Daddy?".

Little did we know that our joking around now leads my boy to believe that his parents are monsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment